Default Rules for Fantasy Points API
Here are the default rules for the Fantasy Points API. You should preferably sign up and create your own Rule Set so Fantasy Points are calculated as per YOUR preference, this will make it easier to integrate the platform.
- “PER” means the rule applies for every such event.
- Otherwise the it applies just ONCE.
- “BONUS” points can be cumulative.
Fantasy Points for Batting
The key metric for batting is “Runs”. The secondary metric is “Strike Rate”. Calculations are done accordingly.
Key metric (Runs) points:
- +1 point PER run
- +1 point PER four
- +2 points PER six
- -2 points if dismissed for a 0
- +4 bonus points for scoring 30 runs
- +4 bonus points for a half-century
- +8 bonus points for a century
Secondary metric (Strike Rate) points:
- -6 points if Strike Rate is below 50
- -4 points if Strike Rate is between 50 – 50.99
- -2 points if Strike Rate is between 60 – 70
- 0 points if Strike Rate is between 70-130
- +2 points if Strike Rate is between 130-150
- +4 points if Strike Rate is between 150.01-170
- +6 points if Strike Rate is more than 170
Fantasy Points for Bowling
The primary metric for bowlers is naturally Wickets – but Maiden overs are also an important side metric. The secondary metric for bowlers is the Economy Rate.
Key metric (Wickets) and side metric (Maidens)
- +12 points per maiden over
- +20 points PER wicket
- -2 points PER wide
- -2 points PER no ball
- +4 bonus points for taking three wickets in a single match
- +4 bonus points for taking four wickets in a single match (Total 8)
- +8 bonus points for taking five OR MORE wickets in a single match (Total 16)
Secondary metric (Economy Rate) points:
- 6 points if his economy rate is below 5 runs per over
- 4 points if his economy rate is between 5 – 5.99 runs per over
- 2 points if his economy rate is between 6 – 7 runs per over
- 0 points if economy rate is between 7 and 10 runs per over
- -2 points if his economy rate is between 10 – 11 runs per over
- -4 points if his economy rate is between 11.01 – 12 runs per over
- -6 points if his economy rate is above 12 runs per over
Points for Catching / Fielding
Catching is limited to non-bowler Catches (catch-and-bowled is separate from Catches). There are 3 metrics here, of them Catches are the key metric and the other two secondary.
Key metric points:
- +8 points PER catch
- +4 bonus points for taking three or more catches
- +6 points PER run out
- +6 points PER stumped